#MakingGlobalChange Instagram Sweepstakes
Show us how you’re #MakingGlobalChange this season! NHS/NJHS and NatStuCo members— enter our Instagram contest to share how you are #MakingGlobalChange at your school or in your community. One submission (photo) on Instagram using #MakingGlobalChange will enter you in a sweepstakes to win $100 donated by NASSP to a charity of your choice on behalf of your chapter or council.
One winner will be chosen each month through June 2018.
The National Association of Secondary School Principals (“NASSP”), 1904 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191, is the sole sponsor of this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Instagram.
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR DONATION OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Entries must include a photo and submitted using the Instagram app with hashtag #MakingGlobalChange. An Instagram account is required to enter and can be opened for free at http://www.instagram.com. All terms and conditions of Instagram.com apply.
- Submissions must demonstrate how the entrant is making global change and show ways the entrant is giving back to the community, either globally or locally.
- Entries may also be made by mailing a photo to the NASSP address noted above.
- All Entries must be submitted or received between November 28, 2016, and 11:59 p.m. (ET) on June 30, 2018.
- Instagram profiles of eligible contestants must be public.
- Each post with #MakingGlobalChange counts as an entry, i.e. more posts, more chances to win.
- Each photo posted must be unique. Posting the same photo multiple times will not count as separate entries.
- Students in grades 4-12 are encouraged to enter and are eligible to win.
- Submission of the photo constitutes agreement to these Official Rules by the entrant or, where applicable, the parents or legal guardians of the minor submitting the photo and Comment. Should a winning entry be that of a minor, the minor’s parents or legal guardians will be required to sign a form accepting the prize confirming agreement to these Official Rules. The failure of a parent or guardian to sign the aforementioned form within a time specified by NASSP shall result in forfeiture of the Prize.
- Entrants must represent a current council of National Student Council (NatStuCo) or chapter of the National Honor Society (NHS), National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), or National Elementary Honor Society (NEHS) in order to win.
- Employees of NASSP and NASSP vendors, as well as the immediate families and members of the households of such persons, are ineligible.
- Members of the NASSP Student Leadership Advisory Committee are not eligible to win.
- Valid for affiliated chapters and councils in the U.S. only.
Winners & Prizes
- There will be 21 total winners: one winner each week beginning the week of November 28, 2016, through the week of December 19, 2016. Beginning in January 2017, there will be one winner per month—January 2017 through June 2018. Winners will be announced at random throughout the contest period.
- Each winner will win $100 donated to the charity of choice of his or her chapter of the National Honor Societies or council of NatStuCo.
- NASSP will present the check to the charity on behalf of the chapter or council as part of the Student Leadership Initiative.
- Each winner will be chosen at random by NASSP staff at NASSP headquarters in Reston, VA.
- The winners will be notified via Instagram Direct Message from the NHS/NJHS or NatStuCo Instagram account and will be asked for an email and phone number to continue correspondence.
- NASSP reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason, determined solely at the discretion of NASSP.
- Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged, or redeemed for cash.
- Some restrictions may apply; void where prohibited by law.
- Entrant represents and warrants that: entrant is the sole owner of all proprietary rights to the photo; that the photo is true accurate and not misleading; the photo does not infringe on a third party’s proprietary rights; the photo is not offensive, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable; the photo does not contain profanity or include any websites, addresses, phone numbers, or business promotions; and the photo does not contain potentially damaging computer programs, files, or spam.
- Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. NASSP and its respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents do not have and will not have any liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, or property resulting in or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity; or for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize. Should a court of law find NASSP liable for loss or damage, NASSP’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall NASSP be liable for attorney’s fees. NASSP and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents will have no liability whatsoever for entries that are late, incomplete or not received for any reason; Entrant hereby releases Instagram from all liability arising from participation in the Sweepstakes.
- NASSP MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING THE PRIZES OR ANY COMPONENT OF THE PRIZES.
- All issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and/or enforceability of these official rules or the rights and obligations of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Virginia without giving any effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. By entering into this Sweepstakes, each entrant consents to the sole jurisdiction of the Fairfax County, VA General District Court. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- NASSP assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. NASSP is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, communication transmissions, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by NASSP on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Cellphone carriers may charge for data usage for posting photos using a mobile phone.
- The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received.
Updated April 23, 2018